PDA

View Full Version : Lila Tueller London Dress/Tunic for women

evatgirl73
02-28-2011, 11:54 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Lila Tueller Pattern Name/Number
London Dress/Tunic for women Pattern Description
Peasant style dress or tunic using quilters cotton Which view and size did you make?
I made the dress, using the bell sleeves and non-paneled skirt options. I made the size I thought I *should* wear, and it was sized correctly Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Besides for me omitting the bowtie it looked very similar. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I would say they were fairly easy. There's a bit of jumping around and searching for the info needed, but not as bad as some Big4 patterns for instance. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the style. It looks young, fresh and funky but totally wearable for a harried housewife too, LOL!
I love that it makes use of quilters cottons, utilizing several prints from a line to create an eclectic, funky look.
I'm *not* sure how much I like the dress actually on myself though. I used regular weight quilters cotton and I think it would be better in slightly drapier/thinner weight.... this made me look a bit bulky, and I don't really know any women who want to appear bigger. Fabric used
quilters cotton (Mezzanine line from Michael Miller) Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I omitted the bow in the front, it seemed a little too "little girl" for me... I'm almost 40 and didn't feel like I could pull that off. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I will sew this again in a slightly different fabric. The drafting is hugely improved from her first patterns, all pieces lined up nicely, weren't overly bulky and over all I think this is a decent pattern.
My biggest issue with this pattern (and the Abigail dress that I am currently sewing) is that I would like the pieces you need that don't have actual pattern pieces (ruffles, ties, hembands) to be listed all together somewhere, so you don't have to read through the entire instructions hunting for that info as you're cutting. I like to cut out all pieces at once, the way this is written there's plenty of "sew this up and cut the hembands to fit the bottom edge"... that doesn't work well for me. Give me measurements, put them all in one spot a la Burda magazine and I'm happy. Or give them actual pattern pieces. Don't make me work too hard to find what I need. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
Not yet, will do though and add link when that happens.