PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity 4384 - girl's suit jacket and skirt

limegreenvw
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Simplicity Pattern Name/Number
4384 - girl's suit jacket and skirt Pattern Description
this pattern size 3-8 has options for a skirt/pants, suit jacket, poncho or jumper Which view and size did you make?
View A jacket size 5; view B skirt size 6 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
At first I was dismayed that the suit jacket had the sleeves attached after the lining was sewn in. I decided to go ahead and follow the directions and am quite pleased with the results. Fabric used
boucle suiting fabric Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I completely lined the skirt. Just cut 2 lining pieces and sewed the lining to the skirt at the hem line. Turned, ironed and finished the rest of the skirt. I also sewed a smaller elastic casing at the top of the yoke. I used 3/4 elastic and like the look of this skirt oh so much better than the previous one made with 1 1/2 inch elastic that the pattern calls for. I also sized up for the skirt this time and it fits her better. The last skirt I made was a size 4 with size 6 length. This one was a size 6 with a size 8 length. My daughter is four and average-size. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Very easy suit jacket and skirt to sew up. Goes together very fast!!! Highly recommend this pattern. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=172 0283#post1720283