PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity 4384-girl's jumper, skirt/pants, jacket

limegreenvw
02-26-2011, 10:40 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Simplicity Pattern Name/Number
4384-girl's jumper, skirt/pants, jacket Pattern Description
this pattern has a skirt, jumper, pants, jacket & poncho options Which view and size did you make?
I made view B(skirt) in a size 4 with a size 6 in length. Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This was a super-simple and FAST skirt to sew up. This would take about 30 minutes to make. One thing I do NOT like is the waistband. It calls for using 1 1/2 wide elastic. Next time I think a yoga waistband would look and lay much nicer. Or simply making a longer yoke with an elastic casing using 3/4 inch elastic. Fabric used
very thin wale lightweight corduroy Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I made no alterations other than to lengthen it 2 sizes. It still barely covers her knee so the next time I will lengthen this a bit more. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
This would be a super-easy pattern to recommend to beginners. Goes very quickly and the end result looks cute. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
will add this link later when I upload the pictures