PDA

View Full Version : Farbenmix Laguna skirt and leggings

TanyaMT
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix Pattern Name/Number
Laguna skirt and leggings Pattern Description
Twirly spiral cut circle cut, single or double layer, and single leggings for underneath. Which view and size did you make?
Size 86/92 skirt and 98 cm leggings Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Yes and no - I used a knit, and did a single layer skirt, which is not pictured on the pattern drawing. Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
These are very confusing instructions honestly. I read through the Farbenmix picture tutorial on their site, and then the Sewingmamas tute in the downloads before starting. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
What little girl doesn't love twirly, and this definitely has the twirl. I also wanted to try the rolled hem on knit effect popular lately, so did a single layer but accented the seams with the rolled hem. Fabric used
Drapey rayon knit Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I didn't change the pattern except to use a knit and put wrong sides together with rolled hem when sewing it. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I do plan to do the double layer in the future. This is the most design pattern I have used so far to date I think, with the spiral pattern piece - love it! Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=143 494