PDA

View Full Version : Farbenmix Kim-slim fit pants

mommytomaddyharley
02-26-2011, 06:19 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix Pattern Name/Number
Kim-slim fit pants Pattern Description
Slim fit pants with elastic or zip fly waist. Optional back ruffles and front ruched panel Which view and size did you make?
I made size 86/92 and size 110/116 with the front panel ruched and back ruffles, mock fly and elastic waist and pockets. Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I used the Step-by-Step on the Farbenmix site, there are no zip fly instructions though. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the end style. I hated tracing the pattern, and I didn't like how they run absurdly small Fabric used
Baby Wale Corduroy Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I added length to both pairs and I'm glad I did. My girls are NOT tall, but these ran really short. I just traced to the next size for length and then I added an extra 3/4" to the bottom cuff. I also attached the front cuffs to the front pant legs before attaching the elastic for ruching. These run REALLY small. My dd doesn't have much of a booty, but they were super snug on her even when I added 1/4" extra SA. Also these would never ever fit a cloth diapered baby without serious modifications! Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I will be making these again, adding a touch of extra length, adding about 1" to the rise for my bit of extra booty girl and giving her some extra room around the backside. With a disposable diaper on, these fit my dd2 perfect with the length added! They are super cute sewn up!!! Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=143 523