PDA

View Full Version : Kwik Sew 2606

ialady44
02-26-2011, 12:10 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Kwik Sew Pattern Name/Number
2606 Pattern Description
Girls swimsuits have racing backs and all outside edges finished with elastic. Which view and size did you make?
Size 12 - view A Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I am not enjoying swimsuit patterns as much as I'd like as adding the elastic is a pain for me, but I can get it done. You really, really need a TEFLON foot if you are using lastin or the clear swim suit elastic. Once the elastic is attached you then have to turn it & either zig zag, double needle or coverstitch it. In the past zig zag worked well for me - just increase the stitch length & stretch as you sew -- Go slow. Now that I am using the coverstitch machine, I find that it is not looking as good because it's harder for me to control the speed of the cover stitch machine. But again, SLOW and STRETCH is the motto when making these. Fabric used
Tactel from Chez Ami Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
No. I really, really liked the design itself. The back piece being of a different fabric added some cool pizazz. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Just keep on trying.... Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-