PDA

View Full Version : Jalie 3024 - women's knit dress

Cheryann
02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Jalie Pattern Name/Number
3024 - women's knit dress Pattern Description
Fitted empire-waist knit dress with waist inset and choice of 3 bodices: boat neck w/ short kimono sleeves, sleeveless crossover neckline and sleeveless scoopneck. A flounce can be sewn to the hem. Which view and size did you make?
View B Crossover and View C scoopneck Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the simple classic look of the dress as well as the comfort of a knit. Fabric used
Jersey bodice and c/l skirt, inset and binding Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I added 2" to the hem line. I wanted the finished length to be right at knee length. I also added 1 3/4" to the bottom of the scoopneck bodice. I am long in the body and the empire waist was hitting me right along the bustline. So with the scoopneck I made it so the empire waist would hit below my bust. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Fast and easy pattern to sew up. It looks and feels wonderful. I did find the crossover too low for my taste though. The dress is definitely fitted, but it is very figure flattering. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-