PDA

View Full Version : Jalie 2909 - Classic Trousers

Cheryann
02-21-2011, 10:39 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Jalie Pattern Name/Number
2909 - Classic Trousers Pattern Description
Women's close-fitting trousers, w/ flared leg, zip fly and back darts Which view and size did you make?
2909 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the modern look of the pattern. I had seen quite a few rave reviews of this pattern was eager to try it out. Once sewn......I found the fit of these pants horrible. Maybe it's just my body type, but I definitely did not feel like these pants flattered me in any way. The rise was too high for my liking. The pants were definitely fitted which made my butt look huge because of the lack of pockets. I serisouly felt like Daisy Duke or one of the Charlie's Anglel's. LOL Also, the crotch had excess fabric .....which looked horrible. Fabric used
Wool lycra blend Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
If I was sew these again, I could shorten the rise and add some sort of welt pocket on the backside. I'm not sure how to fix the crotch and would have to tweak the pattern to find a fix for that. I probably won't make these again. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
So, imo and with my body type these pants were a fail. They would need a lot of tweaking before I'd be happy to wear them in public. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-