PDA

View Full Version : Sew Liberated Montessori by Hand Apron

cinnamama
02-21-2011, 08:47 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
SewLiberated Montessori by HandApron Pattern Description
This apron pattern is created with the 3-6 year-old Montessori child in mind. It features an elastic neck strap that fits easily over a child’s head, even while wearing
ponytails. A Velcro waist strap is easy for young children to manage. Since the child
needs no help from an adult to put on or take off the apron, it fosters independence
and contributes to confidence and increased self-esteem.

http://sewliberated.typepad .com/Montessori%20Childs% 20Apron.pdf Which view and size did you make?
One size - size 3-6 years Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Very easy to follow. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Makes a lovely little apron that is easy to wear. Fabric used
quilting cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I added 2 inches in width b/c I find this pattern runs small. I also added 2 inches to the neck and waist band. The waistband is a little big on my slim 4 yo. Next time I would use interfacing and sew the apron velcro piece on before sewing the 2 apron pieces together to make it more reversible. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
- Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-