PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity 5936 - girls' jacket

limegreenvw
02-20-2011, 03:33 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Simplicity Pattern Name/Number
5936 - girls' jacket Pattern Description
girls jacket/coat in 2 lengths with a collar or hood options. Which view and size did you make?
size 4 view 1 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
Well, the hood instructions were a bit lacking. I sewed my hood on totally different than they did. I was upset about it at first and then decided I liked it better the way I did it. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
What little instructions they had were easy to follow, but they needed MORE instructions for sewing this pattern. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I did NOT like the fact that the lining was loose on the inside. I changed that and made it attached to the bottom hem. This made a much cleaner look on the inside of the jacket. Fabric used
lightweight corduroy and moleskin Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
the sleeves were too long...that was easily remedied by turning them up. Also, I would attach the lining to the out hem line instead of having it loose. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
I would not recommend this pattern to a beginner. But someone more advanced would have no trouble sewing it with the very limited instructions. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=143 265