PDA

View Full Version : Farbenmix Avalon Jacket

LAB
02-20-2011, 03:29 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix Pattern Name/Number
Avalon Jacket Pattern Description
Jacket with princess seams and a pretty petal form hem Which view and size did you make?
134/140 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I didn't care for the hemming instructions though. I had to tack down the very front bottom hem so it would lay nicely. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Went together beautifully. I did find it a bit big, but that is probably to fit over bulky clothing and the use of thicker fabric and a lining.

A trick for hemming the very curvy hem is to serge the edge with your differential feed cranked up. This will slightly gather your woven fabric. Then its easy to iron up and hem.Fabric used
Baby corduroy with no lining Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
The arms are quite long on this jacket. I had to double hem the sleeves with an additional 1" for my shorter child and they are still long. She usually fits sleeves at a regular size. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Love this pattern and my girls are thrilled with their new jackets! Nice pattern to embellish with tons of trims like they show in the Sewing Clothes Kids Love book Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-