PDA

View Full Version : --- OTHER --- Megan Neilson MN1004Nursing Lingerie

SynEpona
02-18-2011, 06:48 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Megan Neilson MN1004Nursing Lingerie Pattern Description
Nursing Nightgown (and sleep bra), which is also for maternity Which view and size did you make?
Nightgown, size small Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
As I've said before, I find the directions for these patterns to be very amateurish. They leave you with a garment that has many unfinished seams on the interior, and also suggest hemming before final assembly which would almost certain result in a wonky hem due to the extreme gathering of the skirt portion. Fabric used
Very thin poly jersey Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I modified this one to use FOE for the neck & arm binding, which allowed slightly greater bust coverage (I did not eliminate any part of the 1/2" SA that was included). I am only a few months pregnant, and only a C cup at present, so I think that some increase would be needed for nursing! Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I'd recommend with caution, use the pattern pieces to save time drafting (it's only 5$ pattern), and then ignore all directions! Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=142 830