PDA

View Full Version : --- OTHER --- Megan Neilson MN1001 Nursing Shirt

SynEpona
02-18-2011, 06:35 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Megan Neilson MN1001 Nursing Shirt Pattern Description
Empire waist, short sleeve tunic/shirt, from knit, with faux camisole & concealed nursing openings. Which view and size did you make?
Size Small (only one view) Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I find the directions to be very 'home made', resulting in lots of raw edges on the interior, and cheater methods of doing many things. The instructions suggest using stitch witchery in many places, which eliminates any stretch the knit would have had. Also, the instructions tell you to hem the lower piece before attaching it to the bodice, which I ignored. Fabric used
Light weight border print jersey, high poly content Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I lengthened this to a dress, as I didn't need another tunic. If I make another I will trace it with much smaller SA, as 1/2" is allowed and I'm not used to that. I also would forego ALL the stitch witchery & double fold & twin needle all the neck edges. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I would recommend with caution, and not to a new seamstress.

The sizing on all MN patterns I have tried is a big odd, as the medium size uses some lines from the small & some from the large, which doesn't seem like a very accurate way to create a true medium. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=142 520