PDA

View Full Version : Sew Baby Clutter Catchers

TanyaMT
02-16-2011, 07:55 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Sew Baby Pattern Name/Number
Clutter Catchers Pattern Description
A back of seat organizer and a trash bag holder for the vehicle. Which view and size did you make?
Trash bag holder Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
They were okay, but I wouldn't recommend putting the bias on the backing after the pocket but rather before because it is easier. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
We needed a trash bag holder, and this one holds a simple grocery plastic bag in a fairly decorative manner. Fabric used
denim and quilting cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Put the bias on the backing before you add the pocket, or it is really hard to get on there well. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I would recommend it if you cannot find another pattern, but honestly it is fiddly, has too much bias tape and tends towards the "yes, I made this myself" in a bad way category. But it does the job for the vehicle, and not a lot of people see it. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=143 145