PDA

View Full Version : New Conceptions Layette Basics - Union Suit

NthnButMoonshine
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
New Conceptions Pattern Name/Number
Layette Basics - Union Suit Pattern Description
Basic union suit. Which view and size did you make?
Newborn Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
It did look like the picture for the most part, except mine had no cuffs or neck binding. I was so frustrated by the directions during the cuff step, I ended up pitching the whole project. Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
I am a knit newbie, but Im pretty darn good at following directions. I found the instructions for the union suit to be adequate until I got to attaching the cuffs. It seems to me there is a sentence or step missing from the directions someplace. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really liked the style of the union suit. I particularly liked how it had no crotch snaps to deal with and how easily everything but the cuffs seemed to go together. I am still beyond confused with the cuffs. Fabric used
Cotton interlock Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Aside from figuring out how to attach the cuffs, Id say no. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Garment construction really isnt my thing. Obviously, as I was totally defeated by cuffs! However, I would recommend this pattern to someone who has more experience than me. Hopefully they could figure it out and teach me! Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-