PDA

View Full Version : Oliver + S Ice Cream Dress

ialady44
02-16-2011, 01:46 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Oliver + S Pattern Name/Number
Ice Cream Dress Pattern Description
Girl's loose fitting, pull on smock dress or blouse has one piece v-notch yoke & button & loop closure. Which view and size did you make?
View A (modified) size 5 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
I extended the main fabric to the hemline versus repeating the print from the yoke Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
With the execption of the back yoke, it was easy to put together. Fabric used
Woven - the blue print was purchased from SM Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I wish "preparation steps" would be listed together, such as iron on interfacing, transfer markings, etc. I like all the small things done at once & then I can just sew right through versus stopping to do some small task that could have been done earlier on. I used 1/4" clear elastic to gether the skirt edge (to attach to the yoke) instead of basting stitches to gether. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Take your TIME on attaching & edge stitching the yoke to the skirt. Pin it, check it & go slow. It will come out great. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=171 4235#post1714235