PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity 8565

quartercentury
02-15-2011, 09:26 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Simplicity Pattern Name/Number
8565 Pattern Description
Vintage baby/toddler jumper or dress and blouse Which view and size did you make?
View 2 (dress), size "1/2" Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Four simple pieces (front, back, front & back facings), easy to put together, and cute! Fabric used
Cotton blend gingham and cotton stretch shirting Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Pattern does not suggest interfacing the facings, which I would recommend to stabilize the area where the button holes are made Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Size "1/2" has chest and waist measurements of 19 inches, making it somewhere between an Otto size 68 and 74, or maybe 6-12 months. The dress is designed to be very short (reminds me of the one Sophie wears in The Tiger Who Came To Tea), but the pattern includes a 3.25 inch hem allowance. I made this dress for my 30.5 inch baby, no changes to the length, just a narrower hem, and I increased the width of all the pattern pieces by about 1/2" on each side. It fits now (in February) with room under for a t-shirt, and should be fine with nothing underneath when the weather warms up!Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
SNS link (http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=171 3850#post1713850)