PDA

View Full Version : Oliver + S Ruffle Halter

lachel
02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Oliver + S Pattern Name/Number
Ruffle Halter Pattern Description
This was a free pattern downloadable from the Oliver+S blog, or from a back issue of Stitch magazine. The free PDF version is a 30 page document, and much of it is the pattern, which you piece together before cutting out.

The ruffles are bias cut, which means that you can leave them unfinished for a slightly frayed look. Which view and size did you make?
Size 4 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
In my experience, Oliver+S patterns are always very well drafted and the instructions are very clear.

Cutting the ruffles on the bias was an interesting touch. I can't wait to see how it looks after some wear and a few washings. Fabric used
A Moda quilting fabric Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
While, in my experience, most Oliver+S patterns are a bit on the small size, I made the size 3-4 for my size 4 DD and found the back a bit loose. If I make this again, I will sew a little bit of elastic in the top hem along the back so that it isn't gaping open. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
- Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showpost.php?p=17078 31&postcount=1