PDA

View Full Version : Kwik Sew 3444- Misses' Unitards

sewingmel
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Kwik Sew Pattern Name/Number
3444- Misses' Unitards Pattern Description
Misses' very close-fitting unitards have full-length sleeves, neckline finished with elastic, and contrast fabric waist instet, upper right bodice and sleeve. Which view and size did you make?
View A Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Because of my fabric choice, it looked very much like the pattern, but the insets are much higher on the hip when sewn. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like that the drawing is wrong. If you look at the sewn example, it sits more at the waist. Since the inset can be made out of mesh, you want it higher than shown. Fabric used
red nylon/poly/lycra and black nylon or poly with lycra and gold dots Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
The sleeves were too short. I graded the pattern according to measurements. That took a little work considering the inset, but it worked really well. This version has a small bodice, is medium at the waist, and is large at the hips. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
If you normally size down in KS, you probably don't need to do that for this pattern. I could have even sized up the bodice without it changing the look of the pattern.

I pretty much put this whole thing together with wondertape, and, then, I sewed it all on my serger. It kept the piece together so nicely. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=142 623