PDA

View Full Version : Onion Onion 4004 - women's pants

cinnamama
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Onion Pattern Name/Number
Onion 4004 - women's pants Pattern Description
wide leg women's pants with drawstring, optional elastic at ankles/pockets Which view and size did you make?
View B Size 40 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
Danish translation. You can purchase the English translation at Shop Onion but I didn't think I needed it. But when I got to the drawstring casing I was confused. I used google translate for some and a sewing mama helped me with the rest - thank you!. Basic pant construction but the drawstring waistband is a little different - no buttonholes. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Nice basic wide legged pant pattern. I also liked that I did not have to use buttonholes if I didn't want to. Fabric used
RK Flannel Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I shortened the pants by the length of the cuffs. Next time I would lower the rise about an inch Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I would make these pants again as pjs. I'd like to try them in a knit. As far as regular pants, maybe in the right fabric, with the pockets but they feel more like pjs to me. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=142 687