PDA

View Full Version : Farbenmix Insa Skirt

LAB
02-04-2011, 12:28 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Farbenmix Pattern Name/Number
Insa Skirt Pattern Description
Insa is a two-layer skirt with a yoke and an elasticized waistline. Which view and size did you make?
134/140 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
It looks like one of the pictures in the Sewing Clothes kids love book. The tucks I made weren't mentioned as a view, but the picture was pretty easy to copy the technique! Pic is on page 93 on the bottom. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Loved the simplicity and how much opportunity there is for embellishment! Fabric used
Baby corduroy Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I didn't do the elasticized shirring on the top layer. Instead I did a 1" tuck on the seams about 1 1/2" from the hem and added lots of trims under the tuck. I zig zagged the trims on before zig zagging the tuck over the middle of the trim. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Such a cute style and my nearly 8 and 9 yr old girls love their new skirts! I actually made two and they look very different despite using all the same types of materials on each. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
- http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?p=170 7688#post1707688