PDA

View Full Version : Jalie 2795-Women's zippered jacket or hoodie

mommytomaddyharley
02-03-2011, 06:37 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Jalie Pattern Name/Number
2795-Women's zippered jacket or hoodie Pattern Description
Zippered jacket or hoodie Which view and size did you make?
I made View B in sizes F, J, DD Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I loved the style, I feel like it looks very RTW. Fabric used
Malden Mills 200wt Polartec Fleece Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I sewed the cuffs on in the flat vs the round. Also, the hood on the size F was very large for a 2yo. I will trim it down a bit on the next one Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
There is A LOT of topstitching. I would reccomend a 2nd sewing machine with a double needle set up, or a seperate CS machine because you have to switch from sewing/serging to topstitching very often. The sleeves are pretty long, but I think part of the design is that they can go over your hands. Nice length jacket, nice pocket size. I would not reccomend trying to CS the waistband or the collar area, I broke about 4 needles :p I also did not zig zag the edges of the cuffs, waistbands, pocket welt, hood front before sewing to the garment. I just held it together as I serged. I didn't want any extra bulk another seam would bring. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=142 515