PDA

View Full Version : Paisley Pincushion Scalloped Apron

NthnButMoonshine
09-27-2010, 05:58 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Paisley Pincushion Pattern Name/Number
Scalloped Apron Pattern Description
Pattern for an apron that crosses in the back instead of using ties. Which view and size did you make?
Size A (Ladies 16-26) and Size B (Ladies 8-14) Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
The instructions on how to construct the pockets was very confusing. I ended up just doing them like plain ole flat pockets. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I was rather disappointed with the fit. I wear a size 16, so I made size A. It was a circus tent. I made the size B and it fit fine. At that point I felt sorry for any woman who was a size 8 purchasing this pattern, because if the size B fit me, it would be a circus tent for a size 8! Fabric used
cotton woven Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
- Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I would only recommend this pattern if you were on the larger end of the Misses spectrum or in the Plus Size spectrum. This would be tent on a smaller framed person. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=136 762