PDA

View Full Version : Dear My Kids Reversible Tunic

sandrahd
09-05-2010, 10:21 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Dear My Kids Pattern Name/Number
Reversible Tunic Pattern Description
Reversible tunic with a square neckline, pleats gathering body of shirt to front yoke, and elasticized wrists. Which view and size did you make?
3T Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Other than the elasticized wrists. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Like it all. . .really like the results. The double-layer shirt turns out a very nice weight that will work well for our mild winters. Fabric used
quilters cotton and red textured mystery woven Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I put the sleeves in on this one in the flat due to a cutting error on my part that I needed to adjust for as I sewed. It wasn't a huge deal, but the adjustment was really much easier to make while sewing in the flat.

I also trimmed the seam allowance in the armholes to 1/4-inch after sewing. Just a personal preference--I think it makes the sleeves lay better.

I didn't put elastic in the sleeves at the wrists. Really like the way it looks that way. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
In cooler climates, this would be really good lined in flannel. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=136 710