PDA

View Full Version : Dear My Kids Stylish Kids coat

sandrahd
08-21-2010, 01:29 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Dear My Kids Pattern Name/Number
DMK Stylish Kids coat Pattern Description
Double-breasted fully-lined coat with rounded yoke Which view and size did you make?
3T Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
They were a bit sparse in some areas, but it wasn't difficult. (There could have been more instruction around joining the front yokes to the fronts--how to line it up) What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Love the finished product and the method for lining the coat. Fabric used
baby corduroy and quilting cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I followed the instructions as written with the exception of the sleeves. It has been forever since I sewed a sleeve in the round, and on this pattern you do 4. I did the lining sleeves first for practice. After doing those, I sewed ease stitches along the sleeve caps and steamed them into shape on my pressing ham. The sleeves went in perfectly after that. I also trimmed the seam allowance where the sleeves join the bodice to 1/4-inch after sewing. I think this helped it all lay nicely.Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Be careful of the fabric requirements, especially if using 45" wide fabric. The pattern simply says to use 1 yard of fabric for the outer and 1 for the lining. There was no way I could get a size 6 out of that, which was my original plan, and the size 3 was a tough fit. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=135 998