PDA

View Full Version : --- OTHER --- Topsy Turvy Doll Tester

cinnamama
05-10-2010, 08:55 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Topsy Turvy Doll Tester Pattern Description
2 sided soft doll Which view and size did you make?
n/a Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
No, because I changed the faces of the dolls. The pattern was meant for Alice in Wonderland/Queen of Hearts but since my girls are afraid of the Queen of Hearts I made an awake/asleep doll. Other than the few changes I made, I think the shape looks similar. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Straightforward pattern that can be modified so many different ways. Fabric used
Muslin for doll body/cotton poplin for one dress and a vintage cotton for the other. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I used a knit fabric for the hair instead of wool felt. I added some twill tape for seam stabilization on the side made from the vintage material. I wouldn't recommend using this type of material (it was very thin) for this doll as some of my seams popped when I stuffed it. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
My girls love the doll :) Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-