PDA

View Full Version : Oliver + S Ruffled halter

sewingmel
05-06-2010, 10:22 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Oliver + S Pattern Name/Number
Ruffled halter Pattern Description
Ruffled Halter top from Stitch magazine Spring 2010 Which view and size did you make?
3-4 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The pattern does NOT match up! It is a pdf that you print, and I had to guess on several of the pieces. If you match up the cutting lines (rather than grainlines) you should be able to figure it out. It did go together nicely.

I am also not a big fan of raw edges. I prefer them to be finished EVEN when cut on the bias, but that may just be me. I will have to see how it washes. Fabric used
Henry Glass 1930's Posies Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I had to cut the elastic MUCH shorter than suggested. I probably could have done the smaller width with added length for my tall, skinny girl.

I might add length to the top of the ruffles on the next one so that I can turn it for a cleaner look. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
It is VERY frustrating to assemble the pattern, but it does make a cute top. Did you SNS what you made from this pattern? If so, add a link to your SNS here.
-