Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer

Portabellopixie
Pattern Name/Number

Claire - Round Apron Dress
Pattern Description

Peasant-style dress with apron front.
Which view and size did you make?

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes, except for the apron sash
If not, why?

The front sash followed the gathering of the neckline rather than being pulled taut like a normal apron.
Were the instructions easy to follow?

Mostly
If not, why?

Experienced sewing required to modify for a better fit.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I like the peasant-style top, but I dislike the technical design elements, especially the application of the apron sash and tie. The pattern was unclear as to the position for the sash (i.e. attach to the bodice? or to the apron/lower skirt? or straddle the seam between the two?). Honestly, I think the front sash should have been part of the original dress construction with the ties extending from the side seams rather than being applied after the construction of the dress. As it is, the front sash follows the gathers of the front neckline rather than being pulled taut like a normal apron would be from being pulled & tied in the back.

Also, while I chose not to do any applique or embroidery on the apron, I thought the step of stitching the apron wrong sides together then turning right-side-out was unnecessary. Simply complete the applique' / embroidery then baste the two apron pieces together (to hide the backside of the embellishment) inside the seam allowance - then apply the bias. This will alleviate any unnecessary bulk at the seams when trying to apply the bias binding.
Fabric used

Liberty Lawn
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend

At my daughter's request, I added side-seam pockets. Also, because the lawn is sheer, I added a skirt underlining.

See suggestions above for recommended alterations.
Would you sew this pattern again?

Probably not
Would you recommend this pattern to others?

I've not made the other Views, but this View needs altered. You can see in the photo below how the apron sash gathers rather than being pulled taut.
Any additional comments

http://farm3.static.flickr. com/2763/4491964704_b899a8af5 9.jpg