View Full Version : Izzy & Ivy Designs Princess Bella

kymy
02-11-2010, 12:35 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Izzy & Ivy Designs Pattern Name/Number
Izzy & Ivy Designs Princess Bella Pattern Description
Designed by- Jana Nielson (Lola)
Sassy or Sweet?

Princess Bella can be worn as a Dress, or as a Top over her favorite jeans.

This pattern includes sizes 2 to 10

All of our patterns come with a woven Izzy & Ivy Designs label for you to add to your creation! Which view and size did you make?
Would have made a 3 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Had I bothered to used the over priced tutorial I think yes it would have. Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
The directions have a lot of small errors/inconsistencies that can be confusing to someone new to sewing. Some of the directions are missing steps & others add steps that aren't part of it (the cutting instructions says to cut 4 pieces X size, but the directions tell you you have 1 piece to use & cut down to those 4 pieces after sewing it). What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I have to say I am bummed & seriously astonished! A few months ago I ordered the Princess Bella Dress/Top pattern. Most of their patterns I could tell were just a few rectangles with some shirring. I didn't know what the retail at the time was, bit for the co-op pricing of $7.50 I figured I would try the Princess Bella because it looked cute and a little more too it.

Well I finally got my big old box of fabric from the last few months today & the pattern was with it. I am rather ticked off that I even paid $7.50 for it & I can't imagine how ticked I'd be if I paid $12.50 + shipping for it!!!

The 'pattern' is 2 pages of paper front & back & a 3rd sheet about technique. There are no pattern pieces and some of the directions are missing steps & others add steps that aren't part of it (the cutting instructions says to cut 4 pieces X size, but the directions tell you you have 1 piece to use & cut down to those 4 pieces after sewing it).

For someone who sews these things are no biggy, but most people who sew would be ticked about paying $$ for a poorly written tutorial! A beginner who might be more willing to pay more for such a thing is going to have a harder time because of how the directions are.

They also don't give height guidelines for the sizing which is one of the hardest things to fit sense most of their stuff is shirred around the chest. It also says on the cover it is a dress/top but no where does it tell you how to make it a top instead.

I wanted to let others who were looking at their patterns know about this. Fabric used
Cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
- Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
I would not recommend these 'patterns' or as I like to call them, over priced tutorials to anyone! You can get better tutorials with partial pieces and a LOT more pictures/better directions on YouCanMakeThis.com