PDA

View Full Version : YouCanMakeThis.com Emily tunic by Sisboom/CarlaC

brevans02
10-18-2009, 06:12 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
YouCanMakeThis.com Pattern Name/Number
Emily tunic by Sisboom/CarlaC Pattern Description
Bell-sleeved tunic from size 6 months to girls size 12 Which view and size did you make?
Size 3-4 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
As always - wonderful, wonderful step-by-step instructions! What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Carla does an excellent job of taking you through the steps of this top. The neck facing is very fiddly and the pattern includes quite a bit of gathering, but the end result is super cute! Fabric used
Cotton wovens from Walmart Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
My dd has a good sized head. That being said, it *just* fits through the neck opening, even with the button undone. I might trim just a bit off the seam allowances next time to account for the snugness (but not too much, otherwise I think the neckline would hang funny). Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Definitely not a beginner pattern. Not because of lack of instructions, but a fair amount of precise, fiddly sewing is involved and may be daunting to a complete newbie.