View Full Version : Yahoo Thefabricgroup / (the old) ABFabricCoop

umma
08-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Online ShopsShop Name
Yahoo fabric group / ABFabricCoop Website
n/a Address
n/a Phone Number
1n/a Overall rating
I'll never shop there again Sewing Mama Discount?
no Look and Feel
n/a Prices
Average Delivery/Shipping
30+ days Customer service/return policy
CS is terrible and they should be ashamed of themselves Details
Full details are in this thread http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=117 647

I joined the group in late september 2008 and it seemed nice but, a little iffy at first with complaints of some missing items and credited money from an assumed accidental deletion of the group. Everything was going okay besides my being a little upset at the long wait for items to be delivered to the group.

I didn't run into any true issues until april 2009 when I wanted to collect a box that was being held for me worth $170. due to a fear I might get scammed

Since then I have gotten the run around with receiving a shipping invoice, paying for shipping and never having my box sent out, updates on status of shipping have been neglected. the acutally shipping of the box was an entire month after I paid for it and I was not informed when it went out ither. The box ended up never being claimed and was sent back

I attempted to pay to have the box re-delivered a number of times since it was returned to the sender, she would only tell me she was waiting for the PO to redeliver it. I have been waiting nearly another month for the sender to pick up my package from the PO. I've asked her to file for the insurance that she placed on the box and haven't recieved an answer. I am now attempting to have the sender give me the insurance info so, I can collect the money myself.

The lack of communication is atrocious on the shipping moderators (steph) part. The second moderator maybe sick but, she isn't stepping in to take action either. She is only offering me verbal support by saying she will keep in contact.

I have been the only party actually keeping contact and seeking a means to solve the issue. Not once have I received an e-mail from steph in the past nearly 4 months updating me, I've always been the one to start communication.

To top it off, I attempted to call the contact number listed in paypal and it was a 1-800 sex number. I think that's sick and isn't just a slight over sight. I will never, ever deal with this group again and advise everyone to stay far away from it. People do receive packages (I even received one when I first joined) but, you never know when they might try this again or that the group will 'accidently' be deleted again.

I seriously doubt that I will get my money returned to me. It's an expensive lesson learned by a first time co-op experience and my first time ever having to deal with paypal issues. Thank you!

mom2a2z
08-29-2009, 08:48 PM
additional information:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fabricgroup/

formerly/also known as ABFabricCoop
also lists on yahoo as FabricGroup / My_Fabric_Group