PDA

View Full Version : Portabello Pixie Gracie

nutmeg
08-21-2009, 10:50 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Portabello Pixie Pattern Name/Number
Gracie Pattern Description
Summer dress or skirt, four views Which view and size did you make?
6 and 8 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
This pattern ran about three sizes too small for my children. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Mostly easy, but the collar instructions were really lacking details, and no close up to see what the finished result should look like. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I made the Gracie pattern view A after carefully measuring my daughter. She measured out at a 6 but I traced the 7 so she had room to grow. I used good, expensive fabric because I thought the pattern was adorable and looked forward to having my daughter wear it.

It won't fit her, it's more the size of a 4 year old. I thought it was my mistake so I traced and made the size 8 of View B and had the same result. My daughter won't fit into any of them.

I posted about it, and got a lot of responses that people had the same experience as I did.

It's such an adorable pattern, and I love supporting smaller pattern makers. I'm just heartbroken to have spent so much on a pattern and fabric to see it all come to nothing. Fabric used
wovens - Amy Butler and Chez Ami Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Size up at least two sizes for your daughter. The measurements are really incorrect. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
I wanted to like this, I really did. But I can't use a pattern that won't fit any of my children despite careful measuring. I hope that she comes out with an updated pattern that's sized correctly.