PDA

View Full Version : Du Barry / DuBarry 2321B

April1930s
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
--- OTHER --- Pattern Name/Number
Du Barry / DuBarry 2321B Pattern Description
Short-sleeved cotton blouse with optional overall skirt. Which view and size did you make?
Blouse Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
I would definitely say this pattern requires some intermediate to advanced skill, not so much for the sewing but for the implication of prior knowledge/experience in the pattern instructions - quite a bit was assumed. Considering that, the blouse itself was rather quick and easy to put together. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Like: the femininity and little ruffles around the sleeve cuff and collar Fabric used
Pima Cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
1.) Added 3 inches to the hem - the size 4 was perfect for my daughter's 5/6 measurements except for the length.

2.) Instead of narrow hemming the trimmings (ruffles), I folded over a 2-inch long strip of fabric and starch-pressed it and then used my Ruffler Attachment

3.) Added iron-on interfacing to the button plackets.

4.) Machine-stitched the bottom - 1/4" turned hem. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
For the intermediate/advanced seamstress to accomplish alone or for the beginner who would have a tutor at-the-ready.