PDA

View Full Version : Vogue 9795 - Misses' close fitting halter top

brevans02
07-02-2009, 09:05 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Vogue Pattern Name/Number
9795 - Misses' close fitting halter top Pattern Description
Close fitting halter top has drawstring neckline, elastic armholes/lower edge. Which view and size did you make?
View B - XL Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
Overall, yes, but I added a self fabric shelf bra for comfort/modesty. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Very straightforward What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It fits perfectly! Even the darts were exactly in the right place. Fabric used
Cotton/lycra Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I added the shelf bra using the cut line for view A, serging elastic on the bottom edge, turning and stitching. This made the neck casing for the drawstring a bit bulky. Not sure exactly how to fix this, as I don't think I'd feel comfortable being in public with no bra and just 1 layer of c/l.

I left the bottom hem raw.

I sewed the drawstring in a tube then turned. It's a 1" wide piece of roll-y cotton/lycra jersey that the instructions say to fold like bias tape and stitch. Yeah right. :wink: The drawstring is super long - I'll probably shorten it.

Oh, and I also used 1/4" seam allowance instead of 5/8" as I didn't want it too snug fitting.

I did have to shorten the elastic that was used in the arm holes/back by about 6" to get the top nice and snug. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Very simple pattern to sew up. (Less than an hour cut to finish) I think I'll try it in a nice rayon/lycra or poly/lycra fabric to make it a bit dressier.