PDA

View Full Version : Burda World of Fashion 4/2009, number 128 Jumpsuit

marzipan
06-13-2009, 12:02 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Burda Pattern Name/Number
World of Fashion 4/2009, number 128 Jumpsuit Pattern Description
It's a jumpsuit! A stretch denim, zipper front self-fabric belt snap pockets jumpsuit, baby! For my 71-year-old mother! Which view and size did you make?
Size 36--this jumpsuit is in petite sizes so I took a gamble, but used a stretch denim and it worked out OK. Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
The only difference is the zipper on mine (per the pattern instructions) is exposed, but in the BUrda photo it looks more like an invisible zipper. I like the BUrda look better, but not enough to seam rip out my zipper. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Well, up until the moment of zipper insertion. Then the instructions throw you under a bus. But, I made it through. This pattern was also 2.5 dots--a real challenge, but I learned a ton. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It's a jumpsuit! What more can I say? You don't sew a jumpsuit every day these days, you know?

But specifically, I liked all the seams & topstitching, liked the fabric belt, liked all the snaps, and liked the wide elastic in the sleeve construction. Fabric used
Stretch denim I found at Fabrix in San Francisco. They had a 2.75y piece left, and I used just about every inch making this. It was fate. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
No change at all--this is a really great pattern. I can't say I'll sew it again, because Mom does not need two jumpsuits, and I do not have the figure for it....
but I haven't tossed the tracing yet either. Would you sew this pattern again?
No Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
This was the piece de resistance of my SWAP, and I'm thrilled to say my Mom likes it and has even WORN it OUT AND ABOUT twice now. That makes me very happy indeed.