PDA

View Full Version : Burda World of Fashion 4/2009, number 118

marzipan
06-12-2009, 11:50 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Burda Pattern Name/Number
World of Fashion 4/2009, number 118 Pattern Description
Flat-butt pants. I chose this for my Mom because she is built exactly like the model pictured--no rear end. Also, I liked the wide bottom cuffs. Which view and size did you make?
I made a tracing mistake and traced a much bigger size, but left off the seam allowances and used a non-stretch fabric. After a few fitting alterations, it worked. Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
The magazine one looks much better. Mine looks pretty happy hands at home. But these were my very first real pants ever, so I forgive the loving touches. Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
I am still lost on what the right way to do the waistband is. Everything else went very smoothly though. The sewing challenges came from the fittings, not from the original construction. Good fit is really important on a flat-butt pant, though What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the cut and the width of the leg. Fabric used
Fabricmart synthetic bottomweight, ecru with metallic gold flecks. Sounds totally tacky, but looks like high-end linen in person, minus the wrinkles. Even my Dad, who is a huge snob, was like, Oooo, linen! Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
- Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
-