PDA

View Full Version : Burda World of Fashion, 5/2009, number 107 Blouson

marzipan
06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Burda Pattern Name/Number
World of Fashion, 5/2009, number 107 Blouson Pattern Description
Summer-weight unlined jacket with front pockets, sleeve button vents, collar stand. Which view and size did you make?
View A, size 36 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Well, yes with one caveat. I messed up on the button flap for the front, and didn't realize it until I went to sew the buttons on. Oh well. My mom intends to wear it open, with only one button at the neck buttoned anyway. Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
This was my first real jacket with a collar stand and front button closure. I didn't knock it out of the park--I could've used just a couple of little illustrations or the like to help me out. But that isn't really Burda's way, and this is a 2.5 dot pattern, so I think I was just overly ambitious. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I liked the button vents on the sleeves. I thought they paired well with the button vents in the pants from my other Burda pattern. I also liked that it was unlined--perfect for summer in San Francisco. Oh, and I really liked the front pocket construction. Fabric used
White linen/rayon blend woven from ebay. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I used an online tutorial for the collar stand--that was helpful. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I may try this again in my size because it really looks great in the Burda pictures and would be a good office-casual piece.