PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design 2/2007, Number 13 Flared Skirt

marzipan
06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
2/2007, Number 13 Flared Skirt Pattern Description
Side zip, fully lined skirt with interesting wave cut across the front and flared bottom half. Which view and size did you make?
Size 36 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the wave cut across the front. Otto might have saved me a bit of hassle by drawing out the full pattern pieces rather than drawing both wave lines on both pieces and leaving me to puzzle out the flip overs. That last sentence will make sense if you trace this out. But, otherwise, a little bit of nice interest on an otherwise very basic skirt. Fabric used
Low rent poly poplin from local fabric store. It's a $1.99 polyester and it feels like it, but I needed a navy bottomweight that was wrinkle resistant in a hurry, and this is that fabric. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I am not a good hemmer, so I used hem tape on the bottom, and had a good result. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I traced this off before I turned the page in my Otto and saw the even cooler two-toned version of this skirt. I will definitely make that one next!