PDA

View Full Version : Burda World of Fashion 8/06, #106

marzipan
06-12-2009, 10:57 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Burda Pattern Name/Number
World of Fashion 8/06, #106 Pattern Description
Trousers. Pretty unique-looking with off-set side seams, button vents in front. Side seam pockets, contour waist, seam across the rear. Which view and size did you make?
View A, size 36 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
Easy is tough word when it comes to Burda. The instructions are extremely dense, and for inexperienced adult garment makers like me, they're insufficient. But with some supplemental internet tutorials, I got through. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Love the button vents, the long lines of the legs, the interesting cut of the fabric across the back, and the high cut of the crotch. Fabric used
Really, really nice stretch poly-rayon bottom weight suiting from Joann's. On sale for $3.69! Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
None. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
This was a challenge for me, but a good one. My topstitching is not perfect, and my contour waist is not perfect, but I learned a lot as I went, and the end result is definitely wearable, and unique-looking enough to have made the home sewing worthwhile, I think.