PDA

View Full Version : Lila Tueller Funked Out Peasant

SynEpona
06-12-2009, 09:00 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Lila Tueller Pattern Name/Number
Funked Out Peasant Pattern Description
Peasant top with side zip, multiple fabrics and two sleeve options Which view and size did you make?
Size 10 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
I eliminated the band at the bottom hem, and only used one fabric. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I do not like that the elastic below the bust is inserted by ripping fabric with a stitch ripper AFTER the garment is complete.

I also found the sizing to be bizarre. I wear a 0/2/4 normally, and by my measurements, I should have sewn a 12 in this pattern, I couldnt' bring myself to cut at 12 - so I did a 10 and it still came out a bit too big.
I also found many of the pattern pieces to not fit well together - the waist band was approx. 4" too long. Fabric used
Light weight cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Do a muslin! The fit on this is not true to measurements. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I will sew it again with several modifications to make the assembly & fit better.

I would only recommend this pattern to people who have a bit of experience with both sewing and fit. It's not well suited to be a first garment for a new seamstress.