PDA

View Full Version : Burda Burdastyle, 6012, Kasia

mommy2three
06-12-2009, 08:20 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Burda Pattern Name/Number
Burdastyle, 6012, Kasia Pattern Description
This skirt features gathering of the pocket backing and bold bib-front buttons. Which view and size did you make?
Size 40 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
Because I ended up making some changes. Were the instructions easy to follow?
No If not, why?
I found these directions very hard to follow. How much of this was because of the three hours of sleep I had gotten, I don't know! What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Love the style! I wish the pattern pieces had names that made more sense. That's what messed me up the most while sewing the pattern. I'm still not totally sure what I was supposed to do! Fabric used
Denim, 100% cotton Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
Don't use denim! I know it says lightweight is fine, but I would make sure it was very lightweight. I ended up changing the design quite a bit to accomodate my lack of understanding the directions and my fabric. So I'm not really sure how the original pattern would turn out, but I'm happy with mine. This pattern does seem to run a bit small. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I can't say I recommend it, really, since I haven't sewn it up the right way, but I do think it's an adorable skirt!