PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity 2692

sewingmel
06-08-2009, 07:57 AM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Simplicity Pattern Name/Number
2692 Pattern Description
Misses dress in 2 lengths with bodice variations Which view and size did you make?
View A (but I did the shorter version) My pattern says that I need a 14 for bust, a 18 for waist, and a 16 for hips. I made a 10 for the shoulders and bust, and I eased it out to a size 12 for the rest of the dress. This worked for me probably since it was a stretch material and using a smaller seam allowance.Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
Pretty much. I changed the pattern a bit to suit my body. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
Dd ate them so I didn't really follow them. I think they were easy to follow when I first looked at them. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The midriff pieces were misdrafted. I knew this from measuring the pieces (and a review at pattern review). I was redrawing the pieces anyways (see alterations) so I made sure that they were the correct length before I cut them. Fabric used
a wonderful rayon lycra from joanns Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I shortened the midriff pieces by 3 inches, and I only used a 1/4" seam allowance for most of the dress. The point where the bodices meet the midriffs needs a little deeper seam. The shorter midriff is much more flattering on my body!

Since I was using a stretch fabric, I was able to avoid both the zipper and the lining. I just turned the exposed edges of the bodice under twice and topstitched. That worked out great. The dress had enough stretch to not need a zipper. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
No Any additional comments
I really need a maybe for the two above questions. If you feel comfortable altering the pattern a bit, then this is a cute dress.
http://www.sewingmamas.com/b/showthread.php?t=113 434