PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design 2/2009 #6 "Loving" nursing top

LAB
05-24-2009, 10:18 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
2/2009 #6 "Loving" nursing top Pattern Description
Nursing top in sizes 34-52 Which view and size did you make?
size 40 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
No If not, why?
This is a very long top! Its tunic length, but didn't look that long in the magazine to me. The bottom of the waist panel hits my natural waist vs. the empire look in the magazine. Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the nursing access while not looking like its a nursing shirt. My DH had no idea until I showed him how it opens! Fabric used
cotton/lycra jersey Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I did a large FBA on the wraparound front panel.

I should have traced a larger size (42) for the front and back panels to fit my hips. I'll do that next time. Its a little more form fitting through my hips then I care for. I didn't realize how long the top was!

ETA: I "fixed" the problem with the tightness through the hip. I gathered the sides up with clear elastic and it fits great and doesn't feel or look snug around my hips now. I have a second one cut out with the larger size for the hip section. If it still feels tight then I'll gather up the sides on that one too. It looks great gathered!Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I love this top! This was my muslin and I plan to make a few more. Its very flattering! You could easily make this top into a nursing dress by altering the lower panels into a skirt.