PDA

View Full Version : Ottobre design #14 -10 gored skirt

LAB
05-23-2009, 11:14 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
Ottobre design Pattern Name/Number
2/2008 #14 -10 gored skirt Pattern Description
sizes 34-52. 10 gores with contrast hem and waistband and full lining. Which view and size did you make?
I made a size 42 Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love the style and the fit. It went together easily and the fit was right on like I expect from Ottobre. I love how the lining finishes the skirt nicely. It looks great even though only I know its there. Fabric used
Quilting cotton and poly lining fabric Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I didn't need any alterations. I did put on the contrast hem slightly different then the instructions. I simply treated the inside and outside pieces as one and sewed it to the bottom of the skirt. I also ironed the seam towards the gores and top stitched it there instead of towards the band. Minor change that doesn't change the overall look. I just wanted the top stitching on the gores vs. the band. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
I love the finished skirt and feel like making the full lining was worth the effort. The skirt hits me right below the knee. I'm 5'6".