Cathi
05-16-2009, 03:37 AM
Patterns
Pattern Manufacturer

Onion
Pattern Name/Number

3017 - wide skirts
Pattern Description

A wide skirts pattern with multiple length options, multiple panel options and multiple waist options
Which view and size did you make?

View F, traced size 40 then downsized to 38 or lower
Tried the long version of this view.
Next tried this view, but added length and modified the waist to have ties similar to some of the woven waist views.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Not the first time.
More so the second time (because I had added length).
If not, why?

I expected it to look longer; that view wasn't shown on a model. Also I was a bit short on fabric.
Were the instructions easy to follow?

Yes .
If not, why?

Not applicable, I didn't even use them for this pattern. I checked the instructions when I wanted to do a rib waist with ribbon ties, but discovered that there weren't any instructions for doing this.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I liked the fact that all of the pieced fitted together perfectly, and that I didn't need instructions.
Fabric used

A tweedy embroidered woven from ebay + black knit ribbing.
Embroidered dark denim from Knitwit.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend

I would add length to that view (and also cut the pieces to a smaller size next time).
Would you sew this pattern again?

Yes.
Would you recommend this pattern to others?

Yes - easy and versatile, great for either work or casual.
Any additional comments

I really liked this, it was easy to make yet I like the end result a lot more than I thought I would. With more fabric to play with, next time I would try the view with a woven waist, but I love that the pattern has so many different options.