PDA

View Full Version : YouCanMakeThis.com Easy Fit Pants by CarlaC

Vanessa
05-07-2009, 02:32 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer
YouCanMakeThis.com Pattern Name/Number
Easy Fit Pants by CarlaC Pattern Description
Basic, loose fitting pants with no outseam in sizes from 6 months to 10. Includes instructions for plain, cuffed, and ruffled hem finishes. Which view and size did you make?
I've made at least 30 pairs in sizes from 6 months to 6 years. Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
She gives very, very in-depth instructions including how long to cut the pants for each size for shorts, capris, pants... Fabric used
cotton wovens Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I've made all three hem finishes as well as inserting elastic in the bottom hem to make them into bloomers. Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
Instead of remaking the pattern for each length that I would like to make, I simply cut the width of fabric to the finished cut length that I need. Then I align the pattern with the top of the waistband and cut it out extending the leg length with my ruler to the bottom edge.

***UPDATE*** Against my better judgment (I knew that there was no difference between front and back rises), I bought the ADULT version of this pattern hoping for some super-easy PJ pants for gifts. I can't recommend it at all. Although the kids' version has no problem without a rise difference on my small, bottom-less children, the adult version is really uncomfortable and neither dh nor I liked it. I then went through my RTW PJs and realize that all of my least-faves have the same rise issues. You'd have to make it super-baggy to overcome this. So, I still like the child's versions for super-quick pants, but I would advise against the adult one.