PDA

View Full Version : Oliver + S Popover Dress

April1930s
05-02-2009, 11:40 PM
PatternsPattern Manufacturer/Name/Number
Popover Dress Pattern by Oliver + S Pattern Description
featured in the magazine "Sew Hip" from Issue 6 May 2009. Available here: http://sewhip.co.uk/single.html Sizes 2-8 Which view and size did you make?
Size 4 width, size 6 length Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes If not, why?
- Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes If not, why?
- What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It was a very, very easy pattern to follow - one of the fastest for construction, especially for someone slow like me. Instant gratification - I love it! Fabric used
Cotton Wovens Pattern alterations or any design changes you made or would recommend
I used a quilter's novelty print for the main print, a red & white polka dot for the yoke and shoulder ties; periwinkle jumbo cotton rick rack at the yoke and hemline. I also decided to line it completely with a soft pima cotton. In addition to that I thought it would be fun to make french seams rather than serge the inside seams. I love details! Would you sew this pattern again?
Yes Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes Any additional comments
One of the easiest patterns I've ever constructed. Instant gratification at its best - I will be making lots and lots of these dresses for summer. I recommend to all!