PDA

View Full Version : Foe video!

justmyrinda
02-07-2009, 06:09 PM
ok so it's not like fancy or anything and DH is not the greatest cameraman, but comments are appreciated before I post this on my blog...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v102/pmenagerie/?action=view&current=foeraw_0001. flv

cinnamama
02-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks Myrinda - looks great. I have a couple questions. I couldn't tell if you were sewing it from the right side? Do you ever have problems catching it on both sides when you use a straight stitch? Also, do you always attach it in the flat? I am not great with foe but have lots that I would love to use so this is inspiring me to try again.

Last question - what is the music playing in the background? It sounds like one of our Music Together CDs? :)

3chickadeesandme
02-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Looks good, Thanks for sharing. I would like to see a little more how you stretch as you show.

justmyrinda
02-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks Myrinda - looks great. I have a couple questions. I couldn't tell if you were sewing it from the right side? Do you ever have problems catching it on both sides when you use a straight stitch? Also, do you always attach it in the flat? I am not great with foe but have lots that I would love to use so this is inspiring me to try again.

Last question - what is the music playing in the background? It sounds like one of our Music Together CDs? :)

I do try to attach in flat when I can...I find it easier, plus I like to catch it in the serging and tuck in the tail. And not so much problem catching the underside. If you examine it closely, you will find the one side is slightly wider...

I have practiced at it quite a bit and get better all the time, so it's def one of those things...I'll take the suggestions and work on it :think:

annmarieb
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
ohh thank you i have quite a bit of foe cause i was going to make diapers and i hate sewing diapers :o :lol:

so i have a question you don't stretch it as you sew right? I am not sure I heard you correctly. do you use foe for sleeveless shirt arm opening too?

cinnamama
02-08-2009, 08:36 AM
You know - I would love to see a close-up of how you finish your serging.

justmyrinda
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
ohh thank you i have quite a bit of foe cause i was going to make diapers and i hate sewing diapers :o :lol:

so i have a question you don't stretch it as you sew right? I am not sure I heard you correctly. do you use foe for sleeveless shirt arm opening too?

I do stretch a little as I sew, what you stretch depend on if it's an outside or inside curve, like when you stretch bias tape a little or you stretch the garment to fit the bias tape...

I have used it for a sleeveless top (the Farben Uli pattern has one). For those sorts of applications, I only stretch enough for it to lay flat. You can use it to make a gathered opening if you stretch it alot...

I guess I'll have to take some pics too ;) Next week, when DH and the kids are gone!

countrycuttins
02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
I guess my suggestion would be to use a different color of FOE than the garment, that way it would be easier to see what you are doing.