PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Dritz Snap Fastener

~Amy~
01-27-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=ca t2660&PRODID=prd11080#revi ew

I got this thing yesterday. I dont really like putting poly resin snaps on my baby stuff so I tried this.
Ive also tried the pliers, but has NO luck with them.

Well this little thing works wonderfully! It is so easy to use and applies my snaps perfectly every time!!

And the price is right at $7.00.

Heather62
01-27-2009, 09:30 AM
I have this and it does work very well. You may need another after 6 months to a year though if you are not careful when you place the snap. I've kind of messed up the groove on mine. Also you can't use it once kids are asleep. LOL

kathy_sews
01-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Your link took me to the home page for Joann.com, but I think I found the thing you were talking about - a blue wedge-shaped thingy?? Very interesting. I may be tempted to try plastic snaps.

I have a very old Dritz snap fastener that looks like a plastic plumbers wrench. It's sort of a hand-held snap press, and it works great but doesn't take all sizes. Unfortunately it's no longer made.

Nevermind, the link worked the second time for me!

Tiredmama
01-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Those do work well, but I am thinking about getting dies for my press because that would probably make it easier since I have the press anyway. As it is I usually have my DH put all the snaps on things I make anyway.

~Amy~
01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Those do work well, but I am thinking about getting dies for my press because that would probably make it easier since I have the press anyway. As it is I usually have my DH put all the snaps on things I make anyway.

I got dies for metal snaps for my press, it was horrible :(
I sent them back.

egassner
01-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh, I HATE this thing! Lol! I cannot for the life of me get the 'hollow' snaps in right...but I'm probably doing it wrong?

northernmama
01-27-2009, 11:00 AM
i have something similar and though its great at attaching snaps but its a little tricky when you hv to sandwich the fabric against it. and i cant even imagine putting 5 or more snaps, totally cumbersome.